Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Foray into Technology

I believe that I am reasonably smart when it comes to technology and using my lap top. This is a story about how one woman wants to get rid of AOL off her computer, but it just won’t go away.

The other day, it was decided that I needed to clean up my lap top some. I play WoW (World of Warcraft) a lot and I have begun to have some issues with how quickly my computer works and freezing, especially in battles. So, I started with taking all the non essential things off my lap top and I put AOL into that category because, I can check AOL mail on my browser with no issues. Only, it did not leave my computer a couple of days ago. So now I am trying to get it off my computer. I hate letting it scan for other versions because it takes forever and there should be no other versions because I had just downloaded it, never updated it.

So, as I write this, it is scanning for other versions that should not exist but probably do, they are sneaky like that. on the box that pops up it says, this should only take a moment, but it takes a lot longer than that! Oh, it finally finished and low and behold, there was another version on here. Go figure. I always say that you need to be smarter than the thing you are trying to operate and that is true, which is clearly not the case here. Some how another version got put on my hard drive that I am at this moment eradicating off my hard drive. Again they say this will take a few moments, why can’t they be honest and say, this will take freaking forever or until you get annoyed and say to hell with it and leave it on your lap top. I am determined to get it off this time, though, so I will wait through their computer generated eternity just to get it gone!

I also have Windows8 on a non touch screen computer. Can we say HATE it?! I don’t have another OS to put on here or I would so fast it would make your head spin! I took off all but the most essential apps, that I need or use. Which honestly are not many. I have several cookbook apps, which I kept. So, I am hoping that I can say goodbye to AOL now. Not really holding my breath, but you never know! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ya'all Said...