Thursday, May 16, 2013

Feeling Good

Army Boy is still gone and will be back on the 23rd. To say that I am excited is kind of an understatement! I knew before this separation happened that it would be hard on me. We had a long distance relationship before we moved in together.  For me, that was difficult but I was able to cope pretty well with that. It all changed when I went to see him in Georgia. I think for me, the relationship became ‘real’ at that point. Then it was extremely difficult for me to be apart from him. Once I got to Kentucky, it was for lack of a better word, ‘perfect’. Then he had Drill for 3 days out of town. Those were the longest 3 days! At that point, I did not yet have a cell phone and the kind of guy he is, he left me his so if I needed anything I would be okay.

Once I got my own phone things were better when we had to be apart. He went to California for 3 days before this trip and that was hard because he was so far away, but we talked a lot and I made him go because of a death in the family. He is glad he went now and so am I. I knew if he did not go he would regret it. Now we are at a 2 week Drill for Annual Training (AT). The first few days were hard because he did not have cell reception, so no texts or phone calls in or out. Then on Tuesday after a few days of major prayer on my part, they have cell reception! Things got so much easier now. 

Yesterday was a busy day for me! Very little sleep for me, I went shopping and got what I needed for the most part, although I apparently forgot a few things even though I had a list. I think it was because I was in an unfamiliar store. It seemed backwards to me somehow. I don’t know. I got everything home and in the house, let me tell you that was no easy task all by myself! I finally got everything put away, will be looking for things I am sure for a while, but I will move stuff around once I have some more space. Don’t get me wrong, I love our apartment, it is small, but it is good for us. My back and neck are giving me trouble tonight/this morning.

I fell asleep finally about midnight while watching National Treasure: Book of Secrets and woke up at 3am. Now I am wide awake, of course. Since our cable company Insight was bought out by Time Warner, they are making the change over now, because they officially take over June 10th. I don’t know if this is a good thing or not honestly. I  hope it is a good thing. Because they are changing things, programming wise, sometimes the box is fine and others I get error messages and such. Sigh. Just gotta ride this out.

I am a lucky girl because I have someone who loves me even on my bad days. He really is amazing and understand me well. I am so obnoxiously happy. So much so that I am making myself sick! Life for me is good right now. I am happy, I am loved, I feel safe. What more could I ask for? Not much really. I have been planning Army Boy’s welcome home dinner and I have everything set now. NY strip steaks, twice baked bacon and cheddar potatoes, garlic, butter & bacon green beans, and for dessert pineapple upside down cake. I am now making a list of what I need to do when to make sure I am ready for it. Logistically I am good. I am making some of it the day/night before so I don’t have to spend all day that he gets home in the kitchen.

Well, I am going to run and see if I can’t get the cable box to work right so I can watch TV! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ya'all Said...